There are many things homeowners can do on their own to decorate their homes to sell. They can get rid of clutter, repaint, clean or put out fresh flowers. So why hire a home stager?
Many home owners are unsure of what paint colors to choose that would appeal to potential buyers or where to move the clutter. The process of selling a home can be a completely overwhelming one. Most home owners often lack real estate knowledge about their local markets and how homes in their price range should look to potential buyers.
A home stager has the ability to look at a home with a fresh pair of eyes. They view the home as a highly critical buyer would see it. Here are five examples of how a professional home stager can benefit you:
1. A home stager knows whats needed to create the right environment quickly and at the lowest cost.
2. A home stager knows what homes in different price ranges look like and how to customize the decor to appeal to potential buyers. They will give home owners suggestions that their real estate agent may be afraid to offer because the agent does not want to risk losing the listing.
3. A home stager is not emotionally attached to any of the homes contents, which means that they can give homeowners suggestions in a way that someone who has been living there for years simply cannot. Using their fresh vision, they recommend the optimal way to rearrange existing furniture, art and accessories.
4. A home stager can quickly choose new paint colors, flooring, tiles, countertops or any number if finishes. They have a ready source of painters, cleaners, handymen, off-site storage and a myriad of other service referrals that may be needed on short notice.
5. A home stager can bring in replacement furniture, accessories and art if what is there isn't appropriate for home's target market or the home is empty.
Home staging is not just for multimillion dollar homes. Even for modest homes, staging can have a dramatic effect on the selling price and the number of days spent on the market. As a realtor or as a homeowner staging has a significant increase of about 17% to a homes selling price then homes that are not staged and sell 87% faster than those homes that are not sold.
So plan to book your home stager soon so your home closes on the market in a timely manner.